Friday, September 4, 2015

Seagull 41--The Design that led to the 41LN

Last month Tommy Chen showed me his original, vellum Lord Nelson 41 and 35 drawings.    What became the Lord Nelson 41 Tommy originally called the Seagull 41.  It's interesting to note that he drew these plans before starting his own yard.  It's also interesting that the name of his first yard, Hai O, means seagull in Mandarin.   

Tommy Chen, holding the 41 blueprints and the original sales brochure. Photo taken aboard Polar Mist, a 49' Lord Nelson Victory Tug.  Tommy is even wearing a Victory Tug hat.  Ask him though and he'll tell you his first love is the sailboat.

The Seagull 41 hull lines.

 The signature block on the drawing.

Close-up of the hull lines.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I own the LN 41 hull 28 Grace. I am wondering if I could get a hold on the hull lines of a LN 41. I need them to get a CE certificate. Please let me know. I am desperate.
    Kees Veldkamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I own the LN 41 hull 28 Grace. I am wondering if I could get a hold on the hull lines of a LN 41. I need them to get a CE certificate. Please let me know. I am desperate.
    Kees Veldkamp

    ReplyDelete