Thursday, November 5, 2015

Welcome Aboard New Owner Greg Koski, Veneeni 41LN49

Veneeni 41LN49 (Fall 2015)
Hi, all. My name is Greg Koski, the new owner/skipper of LN 41 hull number 49 one of the boats mentioned above. I recently acquired the boat from Bob Hutchinson of Pemaquid Maine who has owned and lovingly cared for her for the past 30 years. Bob, now 82, had just outfitted her for a trip to Cuba when some health issues forced him to change plans. He sold me his beloved "Le Garage" and is looking for a trawler.

I have renamed her "Veneeni" in keeping with my Finnish ancestry. She hails from South Bristol, Maine and is currently wintering-over on the hard at the Gamage Shipyard. I plan to do some coastal sailing over the next 18 months while I get to know her well before undertaking a more ambitious Atlantic circuit.

Bob took care of the boat well...her brightwork is in great shape, and she needs some cosmetic work on her topsides, some new bottom paint, and some work on the teak in the cockpit. The rest of the deck teak was replaced and set in epoxy and it looks terrific.

I am thrilled to have Veneeni and look forward to sharing our various adventures. Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment